Offered by the Project Management Institute, the Project Management Professional designation is recognized worldwide. It indicates you possess the experience and competency needed by a project manager. To become a PMP, you need to take the following steps:
- If you have a high school diploma, you must have at least 7,500 hours of experience in leading projects.
- If you completed a four-year university degree, you must have at least 4,500 hours of experience in leading projects.
- Complete at least 35 contact hours of formal project management education.
- Pass the PMP certification exam offered by the PMI. This four-hour exam contains 200 multiple-choice questions.
- Register for a PMI account.
- Submit your online application and fee.