Filing A Complaint Or Dispute With The Canada Revenue Agency

by Greg DePersio

0 min read

There are certain circumstances in which you may have to file a complaint or dispute against the Canada Revenue Agency. As a small business owner, your time is valuable; your complaint could be about delays in the service you have received, wrong information relayed or employee behaviour. There is a process to resolve complaints, which involve speaking directly to the CRA employee you have been dealing with, followed by filing a service complaint. If you are not satisfied at this point, you can contact the Office of the Taxpayers’ Ombudsman.

Disputes can arise when you and the CRA disagree over the amount of income tax, goods and service tax, or excise tax owed to the agency. You can file an objection with the CRA.

Related Articles

Preparing a Successful Notice of Objection

Following an audit by the Canada Revenue Agency, you may receive a…

Read more

The Taxpayer Bill of Rights: A Five-Part Commitment to Small Business

The Canada Revenue Agency introduced the Taxpayer Bill of Rights in 2007.…

Read more

Get Paid On Time The Complete Guide to Invoices

For freelancers and self-employed people, invoicing is an essential part of your…

Read more