Pinterest is a valuable social media platform that allows you to reach your niche audience and drive traffic to your website or blog. In fact, despite Pinterest having less than 10% and 5% of Twitter’s and Facebook’s user base, respectively, several 2012 studies found that it creates more sales than Facebook and higher traffic than Twitter. Here is the ultimate guide to receiving the most out of Pinterest for your small business.
Creating a Business Account
Regardless of whether you have a personal Pinterest account, you are going to need to sign up for a business account. The distinction between these two is quite important. A business account provides free features, such as analytics tools, to help your company flourish on the platform. To register for a business account, you need to fill out an online form and provide the name of your business, your email address, and a password. Next, select the type of firm you operate from the drop-down menu. After the completion of this step, you can begin designing your profile.
Curating Your Own Content
To stand out from everyone else, you want to curate superb content by following these three tips:
- Design themed boards. Creating boards focused on niche subjects allows your followers to better understand your brand and what is important to your company. By employing audience targeting through content curation, you are able to speak to the obvious areas of interest, subjects, and issues that your clients and potential customers deem important.
- Make pictures, images, and logos on your website as easily pin-able as possible. Incorporate images on every blog post and page throughout your e-commerce site, as well as add Pinterest to your social media share buttons. Moreover, you want to create a website logo that is also as pin-able as possible.
- Emphasize your most popular products. Items that are selling well attract more customers due to the fear of missing out on the product. This is why there is a bestseller list on Amazon and the ability to view the most popular products on other online stores.
Utilizing Pins to Your Advantage
A superb way of discovering great content for your boards is to employ Pinterest’s search function to identify popular pins within your company’s niche and re-pin them to your company’s boards. Additionally, consider adding some of your own advice. If the majority of your audience, for instance, is photographers, then create boards that feature advice for running a photography business. Your clients and readers will greatly appreciate having a place to locate useful resources and tips. Moreover, by offering free resources in exchange for joining your email list, Pinterest can greatly increase your audience exposure. Everyone loves free things, and Pinterest users tend to re-pin great resources at a high rate.
Maximizing the Exposure of Your Boards and Pins
Augment the number of followers you have through these five tips for increasing your exposure:
- Write great descriptions. By employing language that users may utilize while using Pinterest’s search bar, you can increase the probability of your pin or board being found.
- Call your community to action. Use words within your descriptions that clearly encourage users to do what you want. Do you wish they’d click through to a specific post? Do you want them to comment or re-pin your content? Simply just ask. Furthermore, to increase the chance of your pins becoming popular, tag users using the “@” symbol to generate more comments.
- Pin during peak hours. The most advantageous times to make a Pinterest post are between 2-4 p.m. EST and again from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. EST.
- Comment on other users’ pins. On Pinterest, people usually re-pin instead of commenting. You can stand out from the crowd by making comments on pins, driving up your exposure and number of followers. Insightful and thoughtful comments on other users’ pins can be quite advantageous in getting others engaged.
- Share your pins via Twitter and Facebook. Pinterest easily integrates with Twitter and Facebook, giving you other social media platforms to increase your pins’ popularity.
The following is a list of helpful tools you can use during your Pinterest campaign:
- Tailwind: This service grants you access to helpful data, such as your most influential followers and popular pins. Additionally, you are given a Pinterest “influence score,” which is like an Alexa rating, but for your Pinterest, instead of a blog.
- Pin Count: Examine the pin count for any post or page on your blog by simply entering your URL.
- Pinterest RSS Widget Plugin: This free and helpful WordPress plugin gives you the ability to display your latest pins in the sidebar. These pins can be filtered to only show ones from a particular category.