A Federal Corporation Must File a Federal Annual Return

by Craig Anthony

0 min read

In addition to any provincial obligations that you might have, if your company is incorporated under the Canada Business Corporations Act, you must file a federal annual return as long as your company’s legal status is “active.”The return must be filed within 60 days following the anniversary of the company’s incorporation. It can be filed using the Corporations Canada Online Filing Centre or by mail using Form 22 – Annual Return. There is a filing fee of $20 for the annual return if filed online or $40 if not filed online. If your company is no longer in business, you still need to file the return until the business has been legally dissolved.

References & Resources

Related Articles

New Developments in Taxation for Corporations in Alberta

As of 2017, Alberta plans to lower its small business tax rate…

Read more

Know Your Structures: The 5 Corporation Types Allowed In Canada

Arguably the biggest decision you have to make when you’re planning your…

Read more

Steps for Nonprofit Corporation Dissolution

Dissolution is the legal termination of a corporation, that is, the end…

Read more