The perfect time to make the move to QuickBooks Online.
See why QuickBooks Online is better
Collaboration made simple
Work securely online with your accountant or team – from anywhere. QuickBooks Online makes it easier to sync files in real time for simultaneous use.1
No more back-ups
Never worry about saving your files to an external device. QuickBooks Online works from any computer, on any device.
No more data entry
Connect your bank account and QuickBooks Online downloads transactions automatically.2
Connect your Apps
Sync, link and import data from apps you already use like TSheets, Receipt Bank and Hubdoc 3.
Track earnings and expenses
Transactions are categorized automatically, so you can quickly keep tabs on what you earn and spend.
Shrink paper piles
Take photos of receipts and use the QuickBooks mobile app to attach them to transactions in QuickBooks Online.
Join over 100,000 QuickBooks users who
have already switched to QuickBooks Online.
“I switched to QuickBooks Online after being on the desktop version for years. All of the components work together, so you only have to enter things one time. It’s very streamlined.”
Jamie D. | Educational planner
“QuickBooks Online has made my life so easy. I always know what’s outstanding and what’s come in. It used to take me hours to do my invoicing every month. Now it doesn’t even take me an hour.”
Donna A. | Consultant
Choose a plan to fit your needs.
We recommend one of these if you're moving from QuickBooks Pro or Premier.
Have multiple company files in QuickBooks Desktop?
Move to QuickBooks Online with multi-company pricing.
Call us today at 1-855-871-5212 to learn more
Switch to QuickBooks Online in 4 easy steps
1. Prepare to move
Reconcile all your bank and credit card statements. We recommend switching after payroll tax remittance and sales tax filing.
From QuickBooks Desktop, click Company and then choose Export to QuickBooks Online.
3. Create an account
Click here to create a QuickBooks Online Account. If you already have one, simply log in.
Run a balance sheet and profit/loss report for all dates and pick up right where you left off.
Frequently asked questions
Is QuickBooks Online right for me?
QuickBooks Online is suitable for most QuickBooks Desktop users. It has many unique features designed to support users who need anywhere, anytime access as well as multiple user access. However, in streamlining the feature set to make QuickBooks Online even faster and easier to use than QuickBooks Desktop, we limited some of the more advanced features.
QuickBooks Online is a great choice if you want:
- Access to your data anytime, anywhere from your PC, Mac or on your mobile device with our free mobile app
- Ability to send estimates and invoices on the go
- Access for up to 5-users and 2 accounting professionals – at no extra cost5
- Automatic updates and upgrades that don’t require any action
- Free support to help with setup or to answer “how-to” questions
QuickBooks Desktop may be more suitable if you need:
- Robust inventory, payroll, job costing, or custom reporting capabilities
- Detailed back orders, work orders, or sales orders
- Progress invoicing or ability to receive partial POs
Can I go back to Pro or Premier if I am not happy with QuickBooks Online?
When you export your company file to QuickBooks Online it creates a copy of your data. The company file on your computer remains intact so you can always go back.
Important Note: For your trial period, we recommend running both company files in conjunction with one another. Data from QuickBooks Online is not backwards compatible into QuickBooks Pro or Premier. So if you decide to go back to QuickBooks Pro or Premier, the data you have entered into QuickBooks Online will not carry over. Double entries will be required.
Where is my data stored? Is QuickBooks Online secure?
We care about security as much as you do. We monitor service performance for problems 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our production equipment is housed in Intuit?s Data Centre, complete with 24/7 physical security with a full time security staff, video surveillance, and alarms to prevent high-tech breaches. We have an uninterruptible power supply and backup generators in case of a power outage, as well as complex smoke and flood detection and fire suppression systems.
How do I upgrade to QuickBooks Online if I currently use Pro or Premier?
We?ve created a step by step process so that you can upgrade to QuickBooks Online from either Pro or Premier.
Can I process payments directly with QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks Online now integrates with Square so that you can accept payments directly using your mobile phone!
Is QuickBooks Online only available on a monthly subscription plan?
Yes, QuickBooks Online is a software service. The monthly costs cover things that you don't get with the desktop version like automated daily backups, automatic upgrades, and other valet services. For many customers, storing data online also lowers the cost of the computer hardware requirements. We make sure we have top-notch servers and redundant systems so you don't have to make investments like that.
Still have questions? Call us today 1-855-871-5212
* Offer valid for a limited time only. This offer is valid for the first 12 months only. This offer cannot be combined with other offers. Requires an active QuickBooks Online subscription, high-speed Internet access. 24/7 access is subject to occasional downtime due to systems and servers maintenance. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support options subject to change without notice.
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with a supported Internet browser and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond our control. Product registration required.
- Online services vary by participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions, and fees.
- Each application subject to additional terms, conditions and fees.
- Invite up to two accounting professionals, such as your accountant or bookkeeper, to access your data. Once they accept your invitation they will automatically get signed up for QuickBooks Online Accountant, allowing them to access your data.
- Phone support is free during the 30-day trial and included with your paid subscription to QuickBooks Online. Phone support is available Monday through Friday between 6 am - 9 pm EST. Your subscription must be current. Intuit reserves the right to limit the length of the call. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support are subject to change without notice.
- QuickBooks Online - Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required. QuickBooks Desktop hosting is only available via third-party vendors. See their websites for terms and conditions.
- QuickBooks Online Essentials includes 3 user licenses. QuickBooks Online Plus includes 5 user licenses.